It has become increasingly difficult to wade through mountains of claims and decipher what is the “real deal”, and what is some fake money making scam. So before you go to the product shelves, you need to first understand the 4 key things that are required for exceptional health.
1. Nutritional Requirements
The North American population is severely deficient in the nutrients required for good health. There are a variety of reasons, but it mainly stems from the fact that most people only eat 20 different types of foods (20 people! That is so very little when you look at the big spectrum of food out there!), and they all deliver little in the way of nutrition. If they chose to eat 20 “superfoods” it would be a radically different story. This situation is exacerbated by toxins (which you heard about in our previous blog “Daily Toxin Intake - Ewww!” in our food and water which strips the few precious minerals out of our body as well creating absorption challenges.
**Please Note** Even though our physiological make-up is generally the same, what condition it is in currently is a totally different subject. For this reason, I suggest talking to a physician who can help you assess your particular situation with various tests and questionnaires.
One thing for sure is that you want to progressively start doing the following:
1) Choose organic whenever possible to avoid toxic substances like pesticides and herbicides. If you are on a budget, check out this video that will help you choose organic for the “dirtiest” produce. Also, it’s a good idea to choose organic starting with the top of the food chain, such as chicken and beef.
2) Choose a quality water filter for your home, and if you can get one that infuses natural minerals into the water, that will make a tremendous difference
over cheap filters, or worst case, tap water.
3) Start to incorporate different foods into your diet and replace other foods with them to boost your nutrition exponentially. Choose sweet potatoes over regular potatoes, quinoa instead of white rice, spelt flour in lieu of white flour, and almond or rice milk over cow’s milk, for a few examples ;)
4) Choose “superfoods” daily that will quickly increase your uptake of nutrients in whole form, supplements, or powders. A properly made smoothie with a “superfoods” powder can deliver more nutrition in a single serving than what some people get all week.
5) Start juicing. A small orange, kiwi, and grapefruit will make a glass of juice rich in phytonutrients, and knock off 3 servings of fruit in one shot.
6) Steam or lightly cook your vegetables. Do not boil them to death, or worse microwave them to the grave (sure it might be faster, but it’s also a faster way to lessen your health). This destroys the nutrition there was initially in the food.
7) Eat your fruit and vegetables as raw as possible.
Do not feel you need to do all these at once. Start with one, and work through each of them in due time. This is the key to staying on the right path.
2. Detoxification is Essential
The physical signs of ageing are invariably linked to the amount of toxins built up in your system. The aches and pains, illnesses, disease, and deaths can all be tied back to an unhealthy level of toxicity in that person’s body. This is why detoxification, and proper nutrition with it, is essential to true health.
There are several ways to detoxify:
1) Consume foods that are naturally detoxifying on a daily basis. Dark green leafy vegetables, lemon, garlic, and cayenne are great places to start.
∞ We offer a selection of “instant” beverages that will help you Detox on a daily basis and it’s easy as a cup of healthy coffee or tea or any of our other beverages we have to offer! Check them out here: www.serenigy.com/naturallyyou
2) There are also several herbs and “superfoods” like chlorella that will do the trick a bit faster. Be careful as these products can be very powerful, and you don’t want to bring on a detox too quickly.
3) Drink at least half your body weight in purified, preferably alkaline and mineral rich, water. (I know this seems like your drinking an oceans worth of water, but you can start gradually – especially those who don’t drink water much to begin with)
4) Do a cleanse or a fast.
∞ The safest way to do a fast is to simply juice your food, or blend it (smoothies), for 2-3 days. You can also eat easily digestible foods like soups and salads. The key is to give your digestive system a rest, so no animal protein, sugar, grains, dairy, beans, or legumes.
∞ Our ion cleanse foot soak is a great option because you don’t need to change to much of your daily diet & exercise programs to get do a cleanse.
5) Sweat profusely. Keep reading, we don’t mean in a disgustingly gross way! This may include a hot bath with sea salt and essential oils like lavender or chamomile, and a cup of detoxifying tea. A sauna could also do the trick if you are comfortable with it.
∞ We have a great contact for some fabulous sea salt & esseitial oils that make it so easy to have that relaxing bath! Check out Pure Alternative at: www.purealternative.net
Again, do not look to do these all at once. Pick one and do it well, then move on to the next until they are all a part of your regimen.
3. Stop the Stress
I know, I know…this one is easier said than done, but stress is extremely acidic to your body and causes all types of health issues. It’s often sneakier than the rest as we deal with it every day and don’t notice it until it’s too late. Make no mistake about it though; reducing stress is a key to your health.
Some of the best ways to reduce stress include spending time doing more things you love and less time doing things you dislike. This could mean more time with family and friends, or doing more recreational activities and exercise. It can also mean a different career path and simplifying your life.
Whatever it is that stresses you out, take steps to start reducing it or eliminate it altogether, before it’s too late.
4. Eliminate Your EMF Exposure
An often misunderstood concept, EMF’s (electromagnetic frequencies) are everywhere. They are often emitted by everyday things we are around like; appliances, computers, cell phones, power lines, and other communication equipment. Airports are one of the worst places for EMF chaos, especially with the advent of body scanners. They are virtually unavoidable in today’s world.
Save moving to a blue zone or electronic free atmosphere, the best way to deal with EMF’s is to neutralize them. There are different ways to do this including the use of diodes and wrist bands that block EMF’s from your body. It’s amazing the energy shift many people feel when putting an effective EMF blocker on their body.
∞ Stay tuned to our website and blog for more information on products we provide to help block and prevent EMF’s
Now remember…Start Slowly, but Start
The purpose of this information isn’t to overwhelm you, but to empower you. Many people see the list of things they should do and quit before they ever get started. Keep in mind that getting/being healthy is an ongoing journey, and by you simply starting to do a few things right you will get positive feedback that will encourage you to keep going and
continue to make more positive changes.
Health is about focusing on the journey and making it as fun as possible so that you never stray off that path (but even when you do stray, it’s not the end of the world!).
So take your first step into your journey, start doing some things above, and enjoy yourself! Once your health improves, everything else will just come naturally.
In the words on Journey....Don’t stop believing! ;)